Randall 12

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum featuring Star Wars and possibly others upon request of the members.

4 posters

OOC: Sun in the Shadows

GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Force Points : 354
    Paragon : 0

OOC: Sun in the Shadows Empty OOC: Sun in the Shadows

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 am

Welcome to the out-of-character thread for Sun in the Shadows, a campaign set six years after Revenge of the Sith (14 BBY). This campaign is much better planned than the last one and should be more coherent. ;)I'll post your characters here in the main post. Feel free to copy the code to your own post to expand on what I've posted--I did not include any background or any information you didn't give me. These have been annotated for your convenience--including mine, should you want to know how he works too. I'll also post a quick guide on how the SAGA d20 system works.

How the System Works
    Fundamentally, it's pretty simple. Roll a d20 vs a target number, and if it's higher you succeed. This roll may be modified by a number of things. That's the basics. Damage uses other polyhedral die, but everything else is a d20. This is primarily behind the scenes stuff, nothing that will be overly important to you.

You have three defenses: Reflex, Fortitude, and Will. Reflex wards off attacks, Fortitude wards off poisons, disease, radiation, etc., and Will wards off attempts to persuade, intimidate, or otherwise influence you--and many Force attacks as well. Fortitude also determines your Damage Threshold; if you take more damage than your threshold, you begin taking penalties for everything you try to do and may eventually pass out.

Attributes primarily exist to govern your defenses, attacks, and skills. What they represent is mostly self-explanatory, except Wisdom which primarily represents your perceptiveness and awareness of your surroundings.

Talents and feats are similar in that they allow you to do special things you could not otherwise do; they are primarily different in that you gain them through different methods. This should be irrelevant to you.

Force powers are garnered through taking the Force Training feat. This shouldn't much affect anyone but me, since my character is currently the only one who is Force sensitive.

I'll try to keep the mechanics of the system as behind the curtain as possible, but it is useful--especially during combat--to have some feel of how the system works.

A few more notes on combat. Rolling a natural 20 (i.e., the die reads 20 regardless of the modified result) is an exceptional success and usually you succeed no matter what (except on opposed rolls, i.e. where you are not rolling against a number but against someone else's roll). In combat, this means you score a critical hit and deal double damage. Rolling a natural 1 (i.e., the die reads 1) is an automatic failure even if the numbers are high enough to succeed.

If you stand on one side of an enemy and your ally on another, you are considered to be flanking your enemy and get a bonus to attack.

Combat space is measured in 1.5 meter squares.

Combat is divided into 6 second rounds. During a round, each combatant acts once; the order is determined by their Initiative roll (Initiative is a skill; at the beginning of the encounter everyone rolls and then acts in the order of the rolls. Ties are rerolled.). There are several types of actions that may be taken during a round: Standard action (which is usually an attack or certain other involved actions), move action (which may be moving, but also includes things like drawing a weapon), swift action (various quickly-done things), full-round action (i.e., something so involved that it takes your full round to perform--for example, attacking with more than one weapon), free action (there are very few of these), and reactions (like a free action, but it is done in response to someone else doing something specific). Generally speaking, you can use these in the following combination:

Standard, move, swiftStandard, swift, swiftMove, move, swiftmove, swift, swiftswift, swift, swift

If you move down the condition track (whether by taking too much damage or any other means), you may move one step up the condition track by spending three swift actions. These do not have to be on the same round but they have to be on consecutive rounds. After the third swift action is spent, you may move up the condition track.

If you are very injured, you can take your second wind (only once per day). This restores some of your hp and moves you up the condition track. There are certain abilities that grant you more second winds.

Each level you gain a certain number of Force points. If they are not spent before your next level, they are lost. They allow you to improve your attack and skill rolls and activate certain special abilities. To improve your roll with a Force point, you must declare your intention to use a Force point; you may do this after seeing your roll but before knowing whether you succeeded or failed. A number of d6s is then rolled based on your level (2, currently) and the highest one is added to your roll. There is a feat called Strong in the Force that makes it d8s instead; none of you has that feat.

Destiny points are much more potent than Force points. You only gain 1/level, but you never lose them unless you spend them. They can have a variety of effects:

Gain 3 Force points until end of encounterGain an automatic critical hit, no roll necessaryNegate any attack, including automatic critical hits from Destiny pointsActivate certain Force secrets

Destiny points are rare and very powerful, and should be used with discretion.

These are the important points. You don't need to remember them, but they are here for your reference. :)Now, on to your characters. Each character started out with a number of credits based on your class, which I then spent on gear for you. I also gave each of you one special item that was far beyond your price range, an item appropriate to your character. I did not exactly follow the same rules with my character--his gear and credits are far below what his credit value would be, but I felt that this was appropriate for his character concept.

Characters
    Ashnat'ena'hadorukeo "Tenah"
    [backstory goes here]

Player: Wes
    Skin Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Jet black
    Eye Color: Red
    Homeworld: Csilla
    Destiny: Discovery
    XP: 32,150 / 36,000

Medium Adult Chiss Scout 1/Scoundrel 1/Infiltrator 1
    Destiny 7; Force Points 9
    Init +14; Senses Perception +11 (low-light vision)
    Languages Basic, Cheunh, Minnisiat, Sy Bisti
    Speed 6 squares
    Melee Unarmed +5 (1d4+4) or
    Ranged Miniaturized charric +9 (5d4+4, 2d4+4 stun)
    Base Atk +5
    Special Combat Actions Dive for Cover
    Trained Skills Acrobatics +14, Deception +17, Initiative +14, Jump +9, Knowledge (technology) +14, Mechanics +14, Perception +11, Persuasion +12, Stealth +19, Use Computer +19
    Other Skills Climb +4, Endurance +3, Gather Information +7, Pilot +9, Ride +9, Survival +6, Swim +4, Treat Injury +6
    Possessions Miniaturized charric (5d4+4, 2d4+4 stun, electrograpple handle) [96/100], superior mastercraft personal computer w/advanced memory upgrade (Int 18, +2 bonus on Use Computer, 8100 memory units), comlink w/holo, holorecorder, personal holoprojector, personal translator (Cheunh, Huttese, Ryl, Shyriiwook), credit chip (2,125), liquid cable dispensor, hip holster, functional clothing
    Encumbrance 5.5 / 50 kg

Notes: If an ability is listed above but not mentioned here, it is either self-explanatory or else passive so that you don't need to worry about it.
    Blend In: This talent allows you to use Stealth instead of Deception to disguise yourself.
    Hidden Movement: This talent allows you to move your normal speed when sneaking; normally you can move only half-speed.
    Improved Stealth: This talent allows you to reroll Stealth checks to sneak and keep the better roll, improving your chance of success.
    Security Slicer: This talent makes you more versatile at getting past electronic security and less likely to fail.
    Silent Takedown: This talent allows you to silence an opponent if you damage them while they are unaware of you--that is, they cannot sound the alarm, call for help, etc. This is a stunning effect, so creatures immune to stun (such as droids) cannot be affected.
    Dive for Cover: If you are targeted by a ranged attack, you may make a Jump check to move to the nearest cover. If you succeed, you are treated as if you had had cover when the attack was made.
    Informer: You can use Perception in place of Gather Information and if you have favorable circumstances the time it takes is reduced by half.
    Point Blank Shot: If you are in point blank range of your target, you gain +1 attack and +1 damage. Greedo clearly did not have this feat.
    Precise Shot: You take no penalty for shooting into a melee. Normally, if you have an ally adjacent to your target, you take -5 to ranged attacks.
    Zero Range: If you are adjacent to your ranged target, you gain +1 attack (stacks with PBS) and +1 die of damage (stacks with PBS).
    Why is my charric miniaturized?: It makes it easier to hide. As a side note, the electrograpple handle pulls it to your hand when activated.
    My computer seems quite impressive: It is; it's worth a small fortune (nearly 100,000 credits if I recall). Take good care of it. Wink
    What's the personal translator?: Basic is not your native language, nor are you overly familiar with languages common in the "known" Galaxy. This helps.
    What does low-light vision do?[:/i] You see in low-light conditions better than most species do, but not in total darkness. In twilight or shadows, you see just as well as in daylight. Doesn't do anything for you when in total darkness, though.

Ashur-Zannukan
    Backstory: Ashur-Zannukan, Ashur for short, was born to uncertain parents among a tribal people on the obscure Outer Rim world of Urush. Growing up an orphan was difficult, but Ashur was strong and smart. More than that it became quickly clear that Ashur was guarded and guided by the ancestors, and the shaman began to teach Ashur in ancestor lore. Ashur was a quick study and by his fifteenth birthday he was already one of the greatest medicine men the tribe had ever seen--his ability to commune with the ancestors was uncanny. Under his leadership the tribe prospered, for the ancestors taught Ashur how to speak with beasts and calm them. Ashur married the chief's daughter Kummu, and when he was fifteen his first child was born, a son. Three more children, a daughter and two sons, would follow. He also has two familiars, a sandpanther and a hawk-like banshee bird.

When Ashur-Zannukan was twenty-five his life changed forever. Strange beings came from the sky. Many thought these strange beings with strange powers and strange appearances were gods, but the ancestors revealed to Ashur-Zannukan that they were not gods but men who had sold their souls to evil ancestors and demons. Ashur-Zannukan led a war against the invaders, but the Empire proved too strong for the primitive inhabitants. Much of the tribe was wiped out. All of Ashur-Zannukan's family was killed. Though he fought valiantly, he himself was captured and was to be shipped off to the spice mines of Kessel. He escaped his captors with the help of the ancestors, however, and for six months has adjusted to life in a strange galaxy--above all else he wants to avenge the deaths of everyone he loves.

Personality: Ashur is proud, self-reliant, naive, and by nature gentle. However, since the murder of his family, anger has kindled in his heart, and a desire for revenge. The ancestors urge him to temper this--and he tries--but there is always a dark voice in the back of his skull whispering to him of vengeance.

Physical Apperance: Ashur-Zannukan is a handsome young near-Human man. His short hair is dark as ebony, contrasting with his fair olive skin. A tattoo of tribal significance marks his right eye. His eyes are dark green like the moss covering the forest floors. He comes from a desert world and is dressed accordingly; around his neck he wears a heavy jade talisman empowered by the blessed ancestors. Ashur is always accompanied by his leopard-skinned sandpanther and stripe-feathered banshee bird. So long as he is present they are docile. Mostly.

Player: Blaine
    Skin Color: Olive
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Dark green
    Homeworld: Urush
    Destiny: Destruction
    XP: 32,150 / 36,000

Medium Adult near-Human Scoundrel 7/Force Adept 1
    Destiny 7; Force Points 9
    Init +12; Senses Perception +12
    Languages Basic, Urushi
    Speed 6 squares
    Melee Unarmed +7 (1d4+6) or
    Melee Heavy broadsword +7 (1d12+15) or
    Melee Great spear +8 (1d8+Cool or
    Ranged Bow +8 (1d6+6)
    Base Atk +5
    Force Powers Known (UtF +18) Farseeing, Force Shield, Move Object, Phase, Plant Surge, Summon Storm, Surge, Vital Transfer
    Force Regimens Known (UtF +18) Eyes of the Force, Oxygen Bottle, Quiet the Mind, Telekinetic Practice
    Special Combat Actions ...
    Trained Skills Initiative +12, Knowledge (social sciences) +11, Perception +12, Ride +12, Stealth +12, Treat Injury +12, Use the Force +18
    Other Skills Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Deception +8, Endurance +4, Gather Information +8, Jump +6, Persuasion +8, Pilot +7, Survival +7, Swim +6, Use Computer +6
    Possessions Heavy broadsword (1d12+15, superior damage), great spear (1d8+8, 2-sq reach, superior accuracy), wand (1d4+6, +1 UtF when equiped), bow (1d6+6, superior range), 20 serrated poisoned arrows (+1d4 at begginning of next turn if exceed Fort), credit chip (2,060), herbal medical kit, Force talisman (+1 Reflex), rugged clothing, Simannu (sandpanther), Tassuḫtu (banshee bird)
    Encumbrance 12.1 / 98 kg

Notes: I've included notes on my character for your convenience. They are less complete than the others because I don't need the notes so I'm just hitting the highlights.
    Charm Beast: I can use the Force to calm animals down.
    Guardian Spirit: I have an ancestral spirit who guides my character, and I can consult his advice. Also gives me a bonus Force point every day to improve my Force powers.
    Soothing Presence: As long as a beast is not outright hostile it becomes indifferent in my presence.
    Vital Encouragement: I have a Force spirit guiding my character. At key moments he can boost my hitpoints.
    Phase: I can walk through solid objects, including walls.
    Surge: Force jump and Force speed in one power.
    Vital Transfer: Force heal.
    Force Regimens: Force training techniques that can be used to enhance one's abilities.
    Ancestors: Ashur-Zannukan views the Force as the power, blessings, and curses of the ancestors. He is not entirely incorrect--he is indeed guided by an ancestral Force spirit.

Sidralaynu Eydral M’borka
    Sidralaynu Eydral M’borka is the daughter of the son of the Winter Monarch’s. Her father was born in the 20th year of the Winter years, and had Sidralaynu Eydral, his first daughter, during the Summer year 32. She was the product of a monarch’s son and Ladies daughter. When Sidralaynu was 29, 11 years into the Winter Rule, her grandparents died, and the 7th waiters took their place. In turn, they had to be replaced, and she entered the competition, all of the other granddaughters of the Winter Monarchs who were 25 years or older. She won and spent the next 39 years in service to the monarchs, particularly the Queen. When she was made a lady of the court, she married Joren Tahl, the grandson of the 4th Lord and Lady’s daughter and a wealthy middle class businessman. Joren was 17 years older than Sidralaynu (born in Summer year 15). At this time they both took the title and name M’borka.

At the appropriate time, she was put in stasis with the rest of the Royal court as the other Royal court woke from their stasis. This was an important step for Sidralaynu, as her “powers” would not manifest until after the stasis, because of the powerful gasses used in stasis as well as the chemicals in the IV. During her first 39 years of being a Lady she was not able to complete her duties as fully as the other ladies were because she was not as fast, as strong, and she lacked their stamina and needed three times as much sleep as the other Ladies did.

After 50 years of induced sleep, (now 113, but looks like her species 68, which is young), Sidralaynu woke up to a jeweled dagger in her side, fresh blood streaming out. Upon struggling out of her sleep chamber, Sidralaynu found the rest of the Royal Winter court dead, along with their guards, except for her husband’s sleep bed, which was broken but empty, with no blood or other signs of struggle. She was able to stem the bleeding and escape to another part of the palace. The palace itself was overrun with clones from the Clone Army as the Empire took swift control. Sidralaynu learned that the Summer Monarchs and their court had been killed, mowed down by the Clones as they tried to stand up to them. Many of the Royal children had also been either killed or captured. Sidralaynu found refuge easily as none of the native people trusted these new rulers, but dared not openly defy those who had defeated their monarchs. The Imperial forces opened up Aritahza to outside trade, something that had been rare and mostly unwelcome before. They also began stripping away the planets precious metals, harming the planet and its people in the process.

Sidralaynu left Aritahza on a trading vessel, disguised as a jewel merchant. Her deepest wish and most pressing goal is to stop the Imperial Forces and the destruction that they are inflicting on her planet. She wants to stop them at all costs. As a result of her time in stasis, her personal power has emerged, low level telepathy. She is smart and she is angry. Unwilling to become a passive victim, she has joined the Rebellion to win back her home world. She is doing this not just out of her duty as a Lady, Princess, and future Queen, but also out of her own pain and anger over what the Empire has done to her home and her family. She is also working to find out what has become of her husband, Joren Tahl M’borka.

Player: Elizabeth
    Skin Color: Silver
    Hair Color: Black (originally purple)
    Eye Color: Violet
    Homeworld: Aritahza
    XP: 30,010 / 36,000

Medium Adult near-Human Noble 7/Force Adept 1
    Destiny 8; Force Points 10
    Init +11; Senses Perception +7 (+19)
    Languages Basic, x, High Galactic
    Speed 6 squares
    Melee Unarmed +5 (1d4+4) or
    Ranged Sporting blaster pistol +7 (3d4+9)
    Base Atk +5
    Force Powers Known (UtF +19) Cryokinesis, Enlighten, Farseeing, Mind Trick
    Trained Skills Deception +14, Gather Information +14, Initiative +11, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +11, Knowledge (social sciences) +11, Persuasion +19 (+24), Use the Force +19
    Other Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +4, Endurance +4, Jump +4, Perception +7, Pilot +6, Ride +6, Stealth +6, Survival +7, Swim +4, Treat Injury +7, Use Computer +6
    Species Abilities: Cold resistant, visually striking
    Possessions Sporting blaster pistol (3d4+9, recognition system, superior damage) [96/100], earbud comlink, credit chip (advanced memory upgrade) [102,000 credits], datapad (superior mastercraft, advanced memory upgrade), personal holoprojector, holorecorder, extravagent wardrobe, Corona Limited Luxury Groundspeeder (superior durability), Baudo star yacht (extreme luxury upgrade, superior speed, SR 25, atmospheric thrusters, combat thrusters, maneuvering jets +4)
    Encumbrance 7.2 / 50 kg

Notes: If an ability is listed above but not mentioned here, it is either self-explanatory or else passive so that you don't need to worry about it.
    Illusion: As a standard action you may spend a Force point to create any kind of illusion with the Force.
    Illusion Bond: If your illusion is humanoid, you may see and hear what it sees and hears.
    Masquerade: Use illusions to disguise yourself.
    Perfect Telepathy: Normally when using Force telepathy, you can only communicate emotions or brief phrases; you can communicate in complete thoughts.
    Point Blank Shot: Targets in point blank range are easier to shoot, granting you +1 attack and damage.
    Stand Tall: Once per encounter, if you are damaged by an attack, a number of allies equal to your Charisma modifier (5) may attack the enemy who damaged you as a reaction.
    Cold Resistant: You are less sensitive to the extreme cold, gaining +5 Fortitude against it.
    Visually Striking: You have a very striking appearance. You double the Charisma bonus to Persuasion against Humans, near-Humans, and similar humanoids (such as Twi'leks, Zabrak, and Pauans). That is the number in parentheses after Persuasion.
    Cryokinesis: You use the Force to supercool an item, making it brittle.
    Enlighten: You can use the Force to aid your allies. You make a Use the Force check and grant an ally the ability to use your check result in place of an attack or skill check.
    Farseeing: You can use the Force to see a person you have met or a place you have been or are familiar with; because of the Visions talent, you can also see these things in the past and future.
    Mind Trick: "These are not the droids you are looking for."
    Equipment: As a future queen, all your gear is top-notch, as good as money can buy.
    Corona Luxury Groundspeeder: The finest and most elegant of speeders; the Rolls-Royce of Star Wars. Modified to be more durable to prevent assassination attempts. It has plenty of passenger space (can carry up to 6 passengers) and the seats can be converted into bedding for 3 if needs be.
    Baudo Star Yacht: Again, the finest ship luxury can buy--each one is individually handcrafted for select clients by a master artisan according to stringent specifications. It'll cost you ten thousand credits a month to maintain its luxury accomodations, and more for fuel, food, etc. But that's rather insignificant for somone of your means. They're not usually designed for speed or maneuverability, but this one is. You may wonder why I chose to give the group two ships, but this one will fit snuggly into the other's hangar bay and will fit in smaller spaceports--though it will by no means attract less attention.

Lexa
    Physical Apperance: Lexa is a beautiful young woman of seventeen. Her delicate figure, fine clothing, and quiet presence might suggest fragility—but her glinting grey eyes belie her deportment. She wears her dark brown hair short. When in peaceful situations she is fond of shimmersilk dresses and lots of jewelry, but when in more precarious circumstances she prefers lace-trimmed leather

Player: Blaine
    Skin Color: Fair
    Hair Color: Dark brown
    Eye Color: Grey
    Homeworld: Shokan-shay
    XP: 32,000 / 36,000

Medium Adult Human Scoundrel 7/Force Adept 1
    Destiny 8; Force Points 10
    Init +12; Senses Perception +13
    Languages Basic, Huttese, Sith
    Speed 6 squares
    Melee Unarmed +6 (1d4+5) or
    Melee Ivory Sword +8 (1d8+5) or
    Melee Ivory Sword +8 (1d8+9, two handed) or
    Melee Dagger +8 (1d4+5) or
    Ranged Bow +9 (1d8+9) or
    Ranged Crossbow +9 (by ammo) or
    Ranged Dagger +9 (1d4+5, thrown)
    Base Atk +5
    Force Powers Known (UtF +19) Blind, Cloak, Farseeing, Force Shield, Force Track, Kinetic Combat, Malacia, Negate Energy, Rebuke, Surge
    Trained Skills Deception +14, Initiative +12, Knowledge (life sciences) +11, Perception +13, Stealth +19, Survival +13, Treat Injury +13, Use the Force +19
    Other Skills Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Endurance +3, Gather Information +9, Jump +5, Persuasion +9, Pilot +7, Ride +7, Stealth +7, Swim +5, Use Computer +6
    Possessions Bow of Makar (1d8+9, superior damage, superior accuracy), 20 arrows, bowcaster pistol (by ammo; superior accuracy; takes a move action to reload), 5 razor bolts (1d8+4), 10 knock-out darts (1d4+4+poison), the Ivory Blade (1d8+5, superior accuracy, +2 UtF), 2x ornate dagger (1d4+5, superior accuracy), herbal medical kit, medpac x5, surgery kit, ornate rugged clothes, all-temperature cloak, glow rod, canteen with filter, ration pack x5
    Encumbrance x / 72 kg

Notes: Again, I include notes on Lexa for your convenience.
    Force Immersion: I can use Stealth to hide from electronic as well as visual surveillance.
    Immerse Another: I can substitute my Stealth role for that of an adjacent ally, and Force Immersion applies to that ally as well. I can spend a FP to provide this bonus for all adjacent allies.
    Surrender to the Current: As a swift action, I can make it so that Lexa can only use Force powers that target herself, but she can restore those powers to her suite as a swift action.
    Visions: Lexa can use Farseeing to peer into the past or the future as well as the present.
    White Current Adept: Lexa uses UtF in place of Stealth.
    Blind: Using the Force to throw sand in an opponent's eyes, essentially.
    Cloak: Use the Force to enhance Stealth.
    Force Track: Use the Force to detect the path a target took.
    Kinetic Combat: Use the Force to wield a weapon from a distance.
    Malacia: Use the Force to induce nausea in a target.
    Negate Energy: Stop or absorb an energy attack.
    Rebuke: Block a hostile Force power.
    Strong in the Force: When rolling FP dice, roll d8 instead of d6
    Unstoppable Force: +5 Will and Fortitude against the Force

Last edited by GA Zaarin on Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : BBCode error, character updates, make characters more visible)
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

OOC: Sun in the Shadows Empty Re: OOC: Sun in the Shadows

Post  GA Zaarin Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:59 pm

bounce
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 pm

I've updated everyone's characters--in particular I've made quite a few changes to mine. I've also included experience points now; I gave a small boost to the XP of the two characters who have the lesser special gear (i.e., Wes and me). I've also added my friend Elizabeth's character. Smile If I can get at least a little backstory on the remaining two characters (and a name, for Seth's) I think we're about ready to begin. Smile
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Okay, I'm about to post the IC thread. So let me post some posting conventions. Firstly, as before, my GM posts will be in cyan. Secondly, please post in present tense rather than past, as is customary for roleplaying. Thirdly, if you have something to say out-of-character (e.g., a request to spend a Force point [FP] or destiny point [DP] or talent), tag it to the end of your post like so:

[OOC: I would like to use a FP to improve my Persuasion roll. Or whatever.]

Finally, since this forum does not show links well, all links will be set off by ||link||.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Mkay, I think I'm gonna try to move things along by Friday if possible...
    Seethray
    Admin

Force Points : 42

Post  Seethray Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 am

my characters name is Valco Fee'Dak. He is a male from bespin with blue eyes, dark brown hair, and white skin with a tan. I will post a backstory and post on the story over the weekend....i just can't do it right now. this looks like a lot of fun Smile
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:16 am

Seethray wrote:my characters name is Valco Fee'Dak. He is a male from bespin with blue eyes, dark brown hair, and white skin with a tan. I will post a backstory and post on the story over the weekend....i just can't do it right now. this looks like a lot of fun Smile
    Great. Smile Let me know if there's anything about your character's stats you'd like changed--this goes for everyone. Preferably soon--once game play gets in full swing I'm more reluctant to make changes. Wink
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Force Points : 133

Post  Alpha Guardian Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

I want force powers that will allow me to pull Star Destroyers out of the sky and destroy entire rooms full of enemies with just a few seconds of concentration/meditation. What stats do you need to change so I can have that? :-P
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Alpha Guardian wrote:I want force powers that will allow me to pull Star Destroyers out of the sky and destroy entire rooms full of enemies with just a few seconds of concentration/meditation. What stats do you need to change so I can have that? :-P
    You must go through various arcane conjurations and sorceries, sell your soul to the devil in a necromantic occult ritual, and then turn yourself into Barnie the Purple Dinosaur through foulest dwimmercraft. tongue Or you can just go play the Force Unleashed. tongue

Oh, and I've made the character sheets more visible in the main post.
    Seethray
    Admin

Post  Seethray Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:50 am

I'd say don't change my stats and stuff unless you think they should be....because i don't really know whats good and whats not. on my bio i am 24 years old and i don't know what destiny to have so maybe you should just give me one you think i should have or what not.
    Seethray
    Admin

Post  Seethray Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 am

backstory:

Valco Fee'Dak was born on Bespin to a long line of tibanna gas miners. The Fee'Dak name was one of the most well known on cloud city. His Father was an administrator and his mother was an engineer. Valco learned alot of leadership and mechanical traits under his parents but he never wanted to be a gas miner like his parents. This brought strife to the family and Valco rebelled. This led Valco into an unruly crowd of misfits at one of shadowports in cloud city. At age 17 he took off without his parents approval and embarked on a journey offworld in a smugglers vessel. The Captian of the vessel was a Bothan named Kralar. Kralar took Valco under his wing and taught him all he knew about the art of smuggling. One day, on a routine mission they were ordered by and Imperial stardestoryer to stand down for inspection. The crew jumped into action and started to evade the blasts from the attacting ship. One blast hit its mark and took out the hyperdrive. Kralar went to the engine bay when another blast tore into the ship...there was another explosion in the engine bay which killed Kralar instantly. Valco left Rissul another crew member to pilot the ship as he went down to the engine compartment to fix the problem. Luckily, Valco was skilled at fixing things quickly and got the hyperdrive online. Before this incident Valco had been frustrated with the Empire pushing its way out and making it more difficult for him and the crew to make a living but now that Kralar had died that was it. Kralar was like a father to Valco. He was going to do whatever it took to stop the Empire.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Seethray wrote:I'd say don't change my stats and stuff unless you think they should be....because i don't really know whats good and whats not. on my bio i am 24 years old and i don't know what destiny to have so maybe you should just give me one you think i should have or what not.
    Yep, destiny is GM-determined. I just wanted to know more about your character before I picked one. Smile And I gave you the discovery destiny, which is making me half-consider switching to that myself so I can join the club. tongue
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Force Points : 86
    Paragon : 3

Post  bookmonstereliz Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 pm

If you turn into Barney, you just might automatically loose all of your hard earned powers, and your brain will turn to mush as you do nothing but sing nursery rhymes and hug small children all day. Shocked

Well, it sounds like our little character group is a force to be reckoned with. With all of the personal vendetta's going on, the Emperor had better start running! Cool
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Tzlil wrote:If you turn into Barney, you just might automatically loose all of your hard earned powers, and your brain will turn to mush as you do nothing but sing nursery rhymes and hug small children all day. Shocked

Well, it sounds like our little character group is a force to be reckoned with. With all of the personal vendetta's going on, the Emperor had better start running! Cool
    Ha, I had a player try assassinating the Emperor once. The Emperor magnanimously allowed him to leave. tongue We were running on a little too much caffeine and too little plot that night... Laughing

Last edited by GA Zaarin on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong smiley)
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 am

A little light on plot... you mean you had George Lucas Syndrome.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Dismissed, huh? Ouch.

Have you guys seen Eddie Izzard's rant on Star Wars? It's pretty funny. Very Happy It does have some language, just to warn you, but it's worth it. He does a hilarious little skit with Darth Vader going to the Death Star Canteen.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I haven't; I'll have to look that up some time. Razz

@Seethray: I'm changing your destiny to Champion just to be different from everyone else. Wink

@Everyone: I'm not sure I was clear how destiny's work, so I'll go over it very briefly here. I'd also like to expand on experience points (XP).

Destiny
    You have a particular destiny to fulfill; you may have more than one over the course of your heroic career (but only one at a time). Having a destiny is what allows you to spend Destiny Points. At certain times, something you do may move you closer or further from fulfilling your destiny; this will give you certain bonuses or penalties (respectively) on your actions. Fulfilling your destiny gives you a permanent bonus (and a new destiny). I chose all of your destinies based on your back story (which was quite specific on that point for Wes and Tzlil) or extrapolated it (for Seethray); however, the specifics of your destiny are still under the loving guidance of your GM ( Twisted Evil ) which means some self-discovery is involved in your destiny. Sometimes moving towards the fulfillment of your destiny may not be what's best for the plot, the group, or even yourself--which can lead to some interesting roleplaying as you decide what to do. There are also special things that can happen if you or someone else dies while trying to fulfill their destiny, but I'd like to avoid having to cover those. tongue

XP
    XP is what allows you to level up. You achieve a certain amount and your character goes to the next level. Usually XP is doled out evenly to the whole group at the end of a play session, but that doesn't quite work the same online. Therefore, your character will earn XP based on his (or her) own actions, meaning that potentially we could end up with a group in which the characters are at different levels. That's completely okay and nothing to worry about. In cases where an enemy is killed, I'll award XP to everyone who contributed to his downfall, with bonuses for those who did the most damage and/or actually brought him down. Of course, if only one person attacked and killed the enemy then that person gets all the XP. XP can be earned outside of combat for successful skill checks, moving the plot along, successfully avoiding combat, or just clever roleplaying. Please don't ask for XP for an action; I will give it where I see it earned. No
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:23 pm

@Tzlil: Yeah, I've watched a good bit of Eddie Izzard. In our Cost Accounting course, Seethray and I had a teacher that showed us a different clip every class period. There was actually a bonus question on the final exam about the death star cantina. Pretty funny stuff. Izzard is an odd character. The swearing just comes from him being British. :-P
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:30 pm

@GM: Ok, that does make more sense now. My one question is, will you control situations and/or clues about our destinies?

@ Alpha G: That's great! I think he's amazing, even if he does wear high heels on occasion... Rolling Eyes His comedy routines are funny and intelligent. I love how he interacts with the audience, and how he goes on rabbit trails and seems to forget where he's going and where he's been but pulls everything together perfectly. That's talent.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:27 pm

My one question is, will you control situations and/or clues about our destinies?
    Yes, I'll do my best to both work it into the overarching story and make sure all your characters have their own little stories going...while trying to maintain the cohesiveness of the group. Wink

@Seth: Are you going to make an in-character post or shall I go ahead and move the story along?
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 am

Just thought I'd post some small facts about the two ships (and you are both welcome to name your own ships, though if they go too long without a name I will get sick of describing them and name them myself Rolling Eyes ). Concerning Sidraleynu's pleasure yacht:
    It is a ||Baudo pleasure yacht, each of which is handcrafted for individual wealthy clients by a secretive and selective starship designer. It is simple to pilot, requiring only one crew member (feel free to keep the extra two as servants, though), with spoiled rich kids who want to show off in mind. The interior is elegant and completely custom, and generally does not feel like a starship interior at all. Common features include hardwood or precious metal corridors, rich tile or carpeting, music systems with all the latest music, saunas, spas, gourmet chefs, and so on.

Concerning the Corellian gunship:
    It has a highly experimental slave rig system that means it requires only one crew member (a pilot) and can be enhanced by a few gunners--it currently has no crew except the pilot, but the rest of you (us) may feel free to man the guns if you so wish should it be necessary. For all intents and purposes, this ship is a giant droid or supercomputer.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Alrighty! I was wondering about the ship info... So, is my ship on the bigger ship then? Because that would mean that we have 3 miscellaneous people just floating around, and that might bite later, or it might be helpful. I can edit it to one, if needed, I just used the number 3 bc I didn't know how many pilots were needed and it sounded like a nice odd number. Smile

Hmmmmm. Ship name. Hmmmmmm. Very Happy Give me a bit of time to think, and I'll see if I can come up with something snazzy. Cool

GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:26 pm

It is a Baudo star yacht which is 32 meters long, which is 2 meters shorter than the Millennium Falcon.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Either Wes or Elizabeth should probably do the asking; Sidralaynu is better at Gather Information but Tenah is better at keeping a low profile.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 am

Yea, first dice roll of the campaign! Very Happy Unfortunately it failed disastrously. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content