Randall 12

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum featuring Star Wars and possibly others upon request of the members.

4 posters

IC: Sun in the Shadows

Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Force Points : 133
    Paragon : 0

IC: Sun in the Shadows - Page 5 Empty Re: IC: Sun in the Shadows

Post  Alpha Guardian Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Upon arriving in the ship, Tenah found the most secluded spot he could to reflect on the situation in the building. He had allowed himself to be reckless with his emotions. He wouldn't make the mistake of putting others before himself again. Pulling out his laptop, he hooked into the computers systems and attempted to hack into the navigational systems to pull up a map of the galaxy.

(Assuming I make the roll) Pulling up the map, Tenah sat there, studying it for hours. "Where could you be hiding?"
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Force Points : 86
    Paragon : 3

Post  bookmonstereliz Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Once they were back on the ship, Sidralaynu briefly confers with her pilots before heading to her own quarters. She sits on her lounge, Valco's blade cradled in her hands, and thinks of the people she knows who have died because of the Empire. After a while she wipes away her one lonely tear and heads for the shower, hoping to wash away the memory of the earlier fight.

After she has dressed herself into a loose, comfortable dress, and has braided and wrapped her hair, she sets out with a first aide kit to see if Ashur needs help tending to the small wound in his leg.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Force Points : 354

Post  GA Zaarin Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 pm

The Chiss successfully pulls up the navigation chart, resplendent with distant worlds.

Sidralaynu finds Ashur just rising from his meditation. "Šalamu, Sidralaynu," he says, stroking the silvery fur of Simannu. "How does the evening find you?"
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 pm

"Peace be to you. I am quite well, thank you. How is your leg? I wasn't sure if your wound had been tended to or not, so I brought you a kit."

Sidralaynu offers the small box to him.

GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

"Thank you," Ashur says. "I had not yet found time to tend it."

Ashur accepts the kit and begins bandaging his wounded leg. "The offworld medicine is not like our medicine where I come from," Ashur says. "It is strange and gives no supplication to the ancestors. Is it so on your world?"

OOC: I went ahead and had Ashur do the healing, since he is trained in Treat Injury and Sidralaynu is not. I took 10, restoring 17 hp.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 pm

She took a seat as Ashur tended to his wound, glad to have some company.

"Yes, this kit has been supplied with material from my home world. We don't have any main system of spirituality among my people. We rely on our wits and skills. We're decently advanced technologically, but we value or lands and natural resources. Apparently that made us a target... We were never hostile to peaceful outsiders, but we had little interest in the universe, and now we're paying for it I suppose. So, enough about me, I want to hear about your planet, if you would like to speak of it."

OOC: That's fine. She wasn't offering to do it for him, lol.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

"Our people did not know there were others beyond the stars," Ashur says. "Our people led a simple life, wandering the deserts, honoring our ancestors. I was an orphan of uncertain parents, but through my favor with the ancestor spirits I rose to be the paramount chief of our village. I was married to the beautiful daughter of a chief. I had three sons and a daughter. But then the ghost men from beyond the stars came. We thought they were gods at first--then demons--but we found they were men like us, and could be killed. In the end it was we who died. I am all that remains of my people, taken offworld to be a slave. I now await the day that I may avenge the blood of my people and satisfy the cries of the ancestors."
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Tenah continued intensely looking over all the maps in the ship's database, calculating distances and trajectories. He scribbled notes furiously into his notebook as he finished each calculation. Thinking he heard a noise from the hallway, he hurriedly attempted to put away his notebook and close his computer, but then he realized the sound had come from a small rodent running past the room he was using. Picking his work tools back up, he set back to work for a while longer. Shortly thereafter he threw the notebook down and yelled "It's hopeless! I need just one more clue!" Picking up and stowing away his belongings properly, he set off on a short exploration of the ship.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:35 pm

OOC: Please tell me you're not about to try and hijack my ship. Cuz my pilot's are armed and dangerous....
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 pm

OOC: That's for me to know and for you to find out. you should continue your conversation to find out. :-P
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:42 am

OOC: *sigh*

Sidralaynu was moved by her comrade's tale.

"The Empire has no honor. They may think that they are powerful, but their power will not last. Come on, no more of this sad talk, this day has been sad enough with the loss of our companion. Let's go ask my pilot's how much longer our journey will take. Then I would like to find some food, you may join me if you wish."

With an attempt at a smile, Sidralaynu stands and moves towards the door.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 pm

"I am at your disposal," Ashur says, rising.

Sidralaynu enters the cockpit.

"Your Royal Highness," the lead pilot says with a bow. "We are on schedule and will reach Dantooine in about ten hours. Is there anything I can do for you, ma'am?"

OOC: Don't contradict me; I just looked up official protocol for addressing royalty. tongue
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:52 pm

After exploring the floor around the workshop he had been inhabiting, Tenah walked up the main until he reached a segment with a door going in either direction. He took the door on the left, then made an immediate right, going up a flight of stairs.

He had to find one more hint... one more clue as to where he needed to go next. This mission would help him pay his way in the universe for a while, but it wasn't why he was here.

But how to find information while floating in space. Tenah realized he needed to take action. He rounded a corner then went through another doorway. He was close now. Down one more hallway... he thought he heard voices, so he did his best to hide in the shadows and behind barriers, sneaking past all those that were in the room (roll). Reaching his destination, he unholstered his weapon...
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:03 am

...and then threw it to the ground. Tenah then jumped into the pool. As he hit the water, e only had one thought: not cold enough. Letting the water flow around him, he continued reflecting upon his mission.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 am

OOC: -_- Way to be mysterious, lol! Wink

Sidralaynu thanked her pilot and asked to be shown to the kitchen. Once there, the co-pilot insisted on preparing their meal, and served it to them as they chatted.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:10 pm

OOC: I know I've left this hanging. I'll have a post ready early this week, hopefully. Neutral
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm

The heroes arrive on Dantooine and drop off Alija. They then return to Coruscant to the office of Representative Sabé.

"Welcome back," she says as the enter her office. "I am sorely grieved to hear of the loss of Valco, but I am pleased to hear that Marchioness Alija has arrived safely on Dantooine. I have transferred 2,000 credits into your accounts, as promised. I also have an addition to your party."

Sabé waves her hand, and a ||beautiful young woman|| in her late teens appears from the shadows. She is clad in silk and draped in a purple velvet hood, concealing her features. When she looks up, she reveals a beautiful face with piercing grey eyes. Her demeanor is demure and contemplative, but certainly not lacking in confidence.

"This is Lexa," Sabé says. "She is an adept of the White Current, and I think her skills may be of some help to you, especially now that you will be engaging in your real missions."

"Glad to meet you," Lexa says, but she does not seem glad--she seems distant and sad.

"Now, to your first true mission," Sabé says. "Imperial archaeologists have found a number of bronzium disks on scattered worlds. I am not certain of their nature, but my friend has a...suspicion. He wants to examine them more closely. Consequently, I am sending you to retrieve them. The first four are on Cato Neimoidia, Saleucami, Felucia, and Kashyyyk. I urge you to be cautious, for all these worlds are dangerous in their own way. I will pay you 5,000 credits per disk, to be split amongst you as you see fit. You may depart whenever you are ready, unless you have questions."
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Sidralaynu is happy to see Sabe again, eager to get on with the next mission. She nods respectfully when payment is mentioned but does not particularly care about that detail, she has other reasons for being where she is. She pays more attention, however, when the girl steps out of the shadows. She had telepathically "felt" the room when they had entered, but she had assumed that the grey vibe from the corner was a servant, not the beautiful young lady standing in front of her, looking out into the distance. Even without the help of her telepathy, Sidralaynu can sense the power that runs through her and hangs onto her like her beautiful cloak. Sidralaynu immediately takes a liking to the girl.

Sidralaynu carefully listened to Sabe's mission, a little disappointed that it didn't involve anymore kidnappings. However, she liked a good challenge, and this sounded like it would easily prove to be one. She also relished the idea of exploring new worlds, dangerous or not.

"Would it be possible for us to see an image of the bronzium disks? I would like to know exactly what we'll be looking for, including the likely size and weight as well, if possible."

GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:49 am

"Unfortunately I do not have any images, only the preliminary reports of the archaeologists," Sabé says. "The bronzium disks were described as being about half a meter in diameter, made of solid bronzium, marked with certain unfamiliar runes, and with a square hole in the center. They listed the weight as..." Sabé checks a datapad. "The weigh about five kilograms. Some of these disks will be guarded among the Imperial artifacts; some have not yet been excavated. I unfortunately do not have a list of which is which--this information was not provided in the Senate briefing and my informants have not been able to find out more."
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 am

Tenah was somewhat disgusted at the quick replacement of their fallen comrade. But it wasn't just Sabe, everyone had quickly swept Valco under the rug after his death. Even his belongings had been purged all too cleanly. He would have to look into that potential conspiracy at some point. In the meantime, he would have to deal with another humanoid.

However, when he saw her face, he relented. She didn't seem like all of the others, so bent on open war. Something in her eyes seemed familiar and made Tenah wonder if she might actually be a bearable comrade; however, until such time that she proved herself, he would treat her as any of the rest of his comrades.

As for the bronzium disks, Tenah spoke up. "We're on reconnaissance? Would it not be more effective to send us individually to these sites? Groups attract attention..."
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 pm

"You will need each other's skills in order to retrieve the disks," Sabé says. "I'm sorry, but there is a special session of the Senate that is to begin shortly. I'm afraid I have no more time to answer questions."

Sabé rises, and the company rises with her.

"I will meet you at your starship," Lexa says. "I need to gather my few belongings first."

When the foursome converges at the starship, Lexa is wearing ||more practical clothing||.

They then board the ship and gather in the common area.

"So," Ashur says,"what world shall we go to first?"
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Sidralaynu had briefly glanced at descriptions of the four planets on her datapad, but they were all planets that she had never heard of before. She had no idea if one would be a better starting point than another.

"I have no opinion on the matter. I will happily tell my pilots to go wherever the group decides. I am entirely unfamiliar with these planets. We'll have to visit each one anyways, I don't know which would be best to start with."
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Tenah spoke up, "I also know little of the worlds in question. Which one has the largest Imperial garrison? We could strike damage on the Empire while we seek the disks."
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:27 pm

"I don't think any of them have large garrisons," Lexa says, "though, at least according to official data, Cato Neimoidia probably has the largest."
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:07 pm

"I see. If we hit Cato Neimoidia, we could strike an installation while we obtain the disk. Anyone with me?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content