Randall 12

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum featuring Star Wars and possibly others upon request of the members.

4 posters

IC: Sun in the Shadows

bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Force Points : 86
    Paragon : 3

IC: Sun in the Shadows - Page 7 Empty Re: IC: Sun in the Shadows

Post  bookmonstereliz Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 pm

"My goals are a little more complicated. The Empire has taken over my home world, killing most of my family, and enslaving my people. I must save them, it's my duty. But it's more then just that, they're my people, I love them, and it eats at me. I can't bear to think of my world torn apart, my people controlled... I'm also looking for someone. My husband has been missing since the invasion on my home world. I have ample reason to believe that the Empire's forces have him." Sidralaynu pauses, surprised that she has shared so much with the unassuming young woman.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Force Points : 354
    Paragon : 0

Post  GA Zaarin Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Lexa smiles faintly. "I'm looking for someone, too," she says sadly. "My brother went missing about six months ago...I cannot feel him in the Current, yet I did not feel his death either. I am afraid of what I may find and yet I must find him. And you, Chiss? What do you seek so far from your icy homeworld?"
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Force Points : 133

Post  Alpha Guardian Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Tenah slowly approached the group, and when Lexa addressed him, he stopped. "What do you know of my home planet, Current follower?" After a pause he answered her question: "My motives are my own, but suffice it to say that I am also a seeker. Currently I seek information."
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 pm

"I have seen your world in the Current," Lexa says. "I have seen many things." After a pause, Lexa adds, "We are all seekers, it seems. May the Current guide us to what we seek. Although..." She trails off and says no more.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

"Some things are better left unknown."

An image of a small silver knife dripping with blood fills her mind, and she shudders. A heavy silence fills the room, and after a moment Sidralaynu forces a smile and rises.

"Well, who would like to play a game? I have a small selection of different card, board, and holo games here in the lounge."

The three settle down to happier pursuits and after a few games Sidralaynu excuses herself to go rest in her quarters. On the way she contacts the bridge, asking them to notify her within an hour of their arrival.

(OOC: I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for action and adventure here... Wink )
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:46 pm

OOC: I was just coming on to move things along. Wink

IC: The adventurers while away their time with games, but in due time arrive at Cato Neimoidia.

Stepping out onto the landing platform they are greeted by a pretentious looking Neimoidian in a ridiculously tall hat.

"Welcome to Cato Neimoidia, former purse world of the Trade Federation," he says in his mock Japanese accent. "But loyal subjects of the Empire now, of course!" he hastily adds. "Before I can allow you to conduct any business on Cato Neimoidia, I must first collect the docking fee of 100 credits, plus an Imperial security tax of 25 credits."
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Sidralaynu steps forward with a frown, pulling out a small draw bag from a larger bag on her hip.

"I am Sidralaynu Eydral, the owner of this ship, the Storm Flower. I assume that this docking fee will guarantee the safety of my ship and assure that it is not tampered with?"

She quickly cuts off his lengthy assurances by offering him the credits he had requested. After he scrambles away, she turns to her companions, suddenly eager. She was quickly developing an unhealthy enjoyment for adventuring...

"So, where shall we begin?"
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Not to be cut off so easily, the Neimoidian says, "Very good. Your fee will provide for the security of your ship, as well as the right to dock here. If there is anything you need, as a customs official of Cato Neimoidia I stand by to assist. We offer refueling, maintenance, and supplies at a reasonable rate." At last, however, you manage to rid yourself of the overzealous official.

"Perhaps we should begin by finding out where these disks are being kept," Ashur says. "Or where they were found."
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:05 am

Tenah sneered as they finally escaped the Neimoidian. "I hate having to pay a protection fee to scum." When the team began to talk about the discs, Tenah weighed in, "We need to find a someone with information and eithout scruples. That or an informant that dislikes the Empire. Does anyone have any connections on this planet?
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Wed May 09, 2012 11:16 am

"You're right, Tenah, that would be helpful. Unfortunately, I don't think any of us have connections here."

Sidralaynu glances around, and her companions nod their heads and shrug their shoulders.

"I do think we can still find someone to help us though. We could always go root around in the unsavory part of towns. Or, I think that if Lexa and I were able to work together using our abilities, we may be able to find someone."

Crossing her silver arms across her chest, she turns to the younger female with a questioning smile.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 am

"Give me a few minutes and I will consult my ancestors," Ashur-Zannukan says. He sits down in a lotus position and closes his eyes. A few minutes later, his green eyes pop open. Rising he says, "I have spoken with the spirits of my ancestors. The disk is being held in the governor's palace, in the governor's office."
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Wed May 09, 2012 11:41 am

"Alright then, that simplifies things a bit. Thank you, Ashur. Shall we head towards the palace then?"

She glances past the group, noticing the strange glances they are getting from the dock workers.

"I think we've lingered here too long, we're starting to look suspicious."

She closes her eyes and concentrates on one of the closer workers for a moment before smiling triumphantly.
    "Got it! The palace is this way, and we can get a classy ride through those hanger doors."
    She points to their left and begins walking that way.

Last edited by Tzlil on Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation error)
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Wed May 09, 2012 12:54 pm

OOC: I'll let it pass this time, but for future reference your telepathy is projective only. Wink
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 am

OOC; That kind of defeats the purpose of telepathy... but ok, I'm guessing she has to earn her way up to hat skill level, which is fine by me. Smile
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri May 11, 2012 11:17 am

OOC: All in due time. Wink
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm

"'Classy rides' are not discrete," Tenah said coldly. "This is not a vacation, and I do not intend to treat it as such." With that, Tenah turned in the direction indicated by Sidralaynu for the palace, and began walking.

OOC: Don't force points exist for situations when a character needs to use a power slightly beyond their ability or current level? Just a thought...
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 am

OOC: No. From the OOC thread:
    Each level you gain a certain number of Force points. If they are not spent before your next level, they are lost. They allow you to improve your attack and skill rolls and activate certain special abilities.

IC: The group walks down the street and soon comes before the giant and ridiculously ostentatious palace, once occupied by the corrupt overlords of the Trade Federation, and no serving as the Moff's Palace. Two Neimoidian guards stand at the gate with their force pikes crossed in an X across the gate.

"This is a restricted area," one says in a politically incorrect stereotyped WWII Japanese accent.

Last edited by GA Zaarin on Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BBCode error)
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 am

Sidralaynu turns to Tenah with a raised eyebrow once they had walked down the street a bit.

"Alright, trying to get in without a classy ride didn't work, so now what?"

She wasn't really angry, just poking fun at him. She turns to Lexa with a smile.

"Last time we tried breaking and entering," he exuberance left her and she slumps against the palace wall. "Well, it didn't work out so well, now that I think of it."
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 pm

"Perhaps the guards would be open to 'suggestions,'" Lexa says with a clandestine look. Wink
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Tue May 22, 2012 9:43 am

"Perhaps they would be. I wouldn't mind trying, but if it doesn't work, we'd have to beat a hasty retreat."

She turns to the other two members of their party, waiting for their input.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Tue May 22, 2012 3:45 pm

OOC: ||This|| is the kind of suggestion Lexa had in mind. Wink
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Tue May 22, 2012 8:10 pm

OOC: Yeah, that's what I figured, I just wanted to run it by all parties first. Because there's always the option of sneaking in the back door or busting in the front door!
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 am

"If you wish to try playing with his head, be my guest. When that doesn't work and he starts shooting at us, I will have my weapon at the ready." And with that, Tenah puts his hand to his holster.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 am

"Do not underestimate the power of the spirits," Ashur advises. "They have great power to fool the minds of the weak--and these guards seem to be clearly without strength or honor. The spirits will make a mockery of them."

"I agree with Ashur," Lexa says. "This should be simple for someone of Sidralaynu's power."

Last edited by GA Zaarin on Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BBCode error)
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Tue May 29, 2012 10:54 am

"Well, let's give it a try then. Though keeping your weapon close is a good idea, thank you, Tenah."

Encouraged by her companion's faith in her, Sidralaynu smooths her skirt and approaches the guards again, motioning for the others to follow her.

"I told you to beat it," the guard says, his voice rough.

Sidralaynu holds up her silver hand and gracefully smiles at the two guards as she mentally focuses in on them.

"You are going to let us in, we have an invitation."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content