Randall 12

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum featuring Star Wars and possibly others upon request of the members.

4 posters

IC: Sun in the Shadows

bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Force Points : 86
    Paragon : 3

IC: Sun in the Shadows - Page 9 Empty Re: IC: Sun in the Shadows

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:35 pm

"Well, I keep all of my most precious belongings where I can easily protect them. I can't speak for him, but look at his security. I noticed more security upstairs than down, which is a bit odd, considering there's more action down here then up there. Besides, something as large as that, and with as much importance, he'd be stupid to keep it in his chambers, so anyone who might look for it would try to infiltrate the basement, which would mean that the safest place for it would be his chambers."

She cocked her head in thought for a moment, smiling at the way the rich red fabric of her new dress caught the light.

"Tenah, is it possible for you to look up the security schedule from the last few days?"
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Force Points : 133
    Paragon : 0

Post  Alpha Guardian Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:20 pm

"Certainly." Tenah plugged his computer back into the house system. "Speak to me, computer. What secrets do you hold concerning security trends?" He squinted hid eyes in concentration as his fingers danced on the computer keyboard. No piece of electronic information was safe from his prying eyes.

OOC: Sorry for the absence, everyone. I was heavily involved in my college roommate's wedding in PA. I'm back and everything is in a state of normalcy now.

GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Force Points : 354

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 am

OOC: Pas mal. Wink

IC: Tenah finds that the moff's security is an odd mixture of paranoia and overconfidence. The lower levels are patrolled by two stormtroopers per hall, with overlapping shift changes. The upper levels are constantly patrolled by B2 battle droids, one per hall with no shift changes. Security cameras line the halls. However, there appear to be no blast doors or high-level locks except on the moff's office itself.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:33 pm

"So, what do you think? Would he guard something like that with people or droids? I, personally, would keep something like that more heavily guarded, and I would use as many layers as possible to conceal it."

She sighs heavily, considering their options. Either way, right or wrong, she was sure they were going to run into trouble. She wanted to be sure the trouble was worth it.

GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:46 pm

OOC: When I said lower levels, I didn't mean the vault--I assumed Tenah was only looking for the levels you would have to pass through to go up to the moff's office. By lower levels, I mean 1 through 1+x, while by upper levels I meant 2+x and beyond. Wink
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 am

"If we can make it past the stormtroopers, getting past the droids should be simple," Lexa suggests.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:46 pm

OOC:
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am

"Alright then," Sidralaynu says, reaching for her weapon, "let's head up. I'm guessing there will be more escape routes that way if we happen to be wrong."

OOC: Love the tunes!
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:33 pm

OOC: Sorry, it'd been so quiet I think I stopped checking for a while. Razz And yeah, Anberlin is pretty awesome...like I told my friend, they can sing the Alphabet Song as far as I'm concerned. Wink

IC: "I agree," Ashur says. "Though once we reach a certain point, I'm not sure it would be wise to jump out the window."

You approach the turbolifts where a security guard, uniformed but not a stormtrooper, is leaning back against the wall. He straightens up as you approach.

"I'm sorry, but this area is for authorized personnel only," he says. "Please return to the party."
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Sidralaynu struggels to keep her lips from turning up into a smile, as she turns and looks up the stairs.

"Oh, I don't know, jumping out of windows sounds rather exciting, in the dangerous sort of way."

With a roll of her eyes she turns to the others.

"What do you say, up or down?"

OOC: Blaine, if there is any jumping out of windows/off of roofs, I am liable to roll up into a little ball of tears and laughter. So let's try to avoid that route. (Explanation? MOFFATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!)
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Tenah walked up to the guard and responded in his most official tone, "Good sir, my associates and I have been hired by the Moff and are needed on the next floor up. If you would be so kind as to allow us through, the Moff would be sure not to slit your throat. He is expecting us within the next five minutes."
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:26 pm

The guard seems incredibly flustered. "Oh, of course! My apologies!" He opens the door for you.
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:57 am

As the group walked into the elevator, Tenah turns toward Sidralaynu and says, "Up."

OOC : Dark side points granted to Tenah (for lying and using threats). :-P I've been playing The Old Republic and I find it humorous what they give light and dark side points for. But this would definitely be one of the times they'd give dark side points.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:58 pm

As she sweeps into the lift, with her chin held high, she thanks Tenah before pushing the button for their destination. Her slender silver fingers slip into a pocket in her new dress before grasping the hilt of her blaster, reassured by it's weight.

Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm

The group stood in the elevator, waiting to reach the next floor. Tenah tapped his foot to the Muzak version of "The Imperial March" that was playing in the elevator. Sidralaynu turned and glared at him, causing him to stop.

"My apologies," he said. "It's a catchy tune."
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:06 pm

You arrive at the 77th floor after about a minute of smooth rising. The door opens to a small atrium. Ahead five meters you see an empty secretary's desk and behind it a high-security blast door. There are cameras visible in each corner of the room. The hall is completely empty of life, but a pair of automated heavy blaster turrets are mounted on the wall flanking the door.

"Allow me..." Lexa says, closing her eyes. "We are now invisible to the machines, but you must stay close to me for me to be able to keep you immersed in the Current."
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Sidralaynu quickly moves to step behind the other female.

"Now that is a clever, useful trick!" she says, as the two males moved to join them. Do you think you can work your technological magic again to get the doors open, Tenah?"

She almost falls as Ashur, who has been silently tagging along, steps on the short train of her new dress.
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Tenah followed closely, quietly behind Lexa, unwilling to see exactly how far back the field of the Current extended. When Sidralaynu turned to Tenah concerning the doors, he was already unpacking his computer to hook into the compound mainframe. He merely nodded at Sidralaynu, unsure of the noise cancellation ability of the Current. Setting to work, he hacked into the security system of the compound to find an override switch for the doors...
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Tenah successfully slices into the door controls and opens the doors. Inside is a luxurious office with a beautiful view of the city. Here there are no cameras--such is the paranoia of the Moff. The walls are hung with many fine paintings and tapestries, the floor is covered with the most luxurious marble and rugs, and several exotic sculptures adorn the room. A desk made of solid coral from Mon Cal dominates the center of the room, with a comfortable executive chair behind it. The Moff can probably control all the operations of the Palace--and a significant portion of the planet--from this room.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 am

"Well, the Moff has good taste, I'll give him that." Sidralaynu says with a sigh as she walks around the room. She's not pleased that the object they seek is not there, but she's not completely demoralized. She sits in the executive chair, trying to get an idea of where the Moff might hide information on the object.

"So, do we want to wreak general havok and create distractions, risking a security lock down here, or should we just head down to the lower levels?"
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

"In my experience Imperials love secrets," Ashur says. "Perhaps we should look around here more. Surely the Moff would not leave something so important in a display case on his desk..."
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am

Tenah pondered this a moment. "Check all the paintings, tapestries, rugs, and statues. It must be hidden among his decorative pieces." Tenah began view the surroundings and look for something out of place.
    bookmonstereliz
    bookmonstereliz

Post  bookmonstereliz Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 am

Narrowing her eyes, Sidralaynu examines the room carefully. There is a large, clunky art piece that sits just off to her left, barely out of reach from her position in the chair. Rising, she begins to examine its intricate interlocking pieces, hoping to find the disk hidden within it.
    GA Zaarin
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am

This particularly piece of artwork appears to be authentic and innocuous.

Last edited by GA Zaarin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BBCode error)
    Alpha Guardian
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Post  Alpha Guardian Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Tenah uses his skill of perception to search out the room for signs of a hidden safe.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content